FAQ for Artists, Makers or Confectioners
How are items chosen for the pop-up shop?
Taken will work with artists & makers to select items for the shop. Given the small footprint, items will be chosen that fit the aesthetic of the shop. Attention will be paid to the following guidelines:
- Artist/Maker produces items that are one-of-a-kind or small run/batches
- Artist/Maker has a commitment to sustainability and/or a sensitivity to where and how materials are sourced for their product.
- Artist/Maker is committed to craftsmanship
- Artist/Maker is a Maryland resident
What type of products will the store feature?
Taken features items for the home and garden including furniture, kitchen wares, linens, bed & bath items, floor coverings, food products, plant materials, artwork and home décor.
We are currently expanding our product line and are accepting applications from Maryland based artists & makers. We welcome applicants from across the state and are specifically interested in the following product categories:
- BBQ Sauces & Spice Blends
- Chocolate & Confections
- Whole Bean & Ground Coffee
- Shampoo, Conditioner & Body Wash
- Lavender Based Products
- Quilts & Bedding
- Aprons & Tea Towels
- Journals & Notecards
What products are you not carrying?
The pop-up shop will not carry children’s toys, clothing, jewelry, cosmetic items, weapons of any kind or drug paraphernalia.